Plan Your Strawberry Visit
Farm hours and harvest areas depend on weather and crop readiness. We have strawberry fields at our Pumpkinseed Hill and Valley Farm locations. Be sure to call the Farmer Jones Crop Line (203-929-8425) before leaving your home to come harvest. The Crop Line is updated daily during the berry seasons with hours and specific picking locations.
Normal picking hours for strawberry season are 8am until 5:30pm Monday through Saturday and 8am until 12pm on Sundays, but be sure to call before you come because hours can change due to weather.
A typical strawberry season runs from early June into early July – however, this is New England and days and times change as quickly as the weather does.
Once you find out when and where we are picking, visit our directions page and as you get closer, look for the Jones Strawberry signs pointing you to the correct location.
Be Prepared for a Fun, Safe Visit!
Food safey has always been a top priority at this farm, and this year we are continuing to emphasize how our guests play an important role in ensuring the safey of their harvested food.
- Good agricultural practices highly recommmend that guests pick with clean hands. Please remember to wash your hands before coming to the fields or after using any restroom facilities.
- Additional government food safey guidelines include: washing all produce before eating it, harvesting crops wearing clean clothes, and not harvesting when feeling sick or ill.
- In addition, since berries are food crops, pets and picnics are not allowed on the farm. Thanks for your cooperation.
Farming can be a physically demanding activity. We want you to have a great visit, so please be prepared.
- Please wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes.
- Please bring sunscreen, a hat and water.