Autumn Memorable Meals A Slew of New England Shellfish (Class Full)
Featuring: Steamed Oysters & Clam Fritters, Mussels over Linguine, Fall Harvest Salad, Apple Crisp
Please note proposed menus are subject to change based on seasonal ingredient availability.
Autumn Memorable Meals
In the Fall we return to our mid-afternoon three-hour format and have more time to do “hands-on” cooking and practice party-worthy meals.
What Will I Learn?
- Hands on veggie harvest & preparation
- Knife handling & cutting methods
- Tips on finding ingredients in season & suggestions for preserving the farm’s bounty
- How to maximize flavor in your cooking & inspiration to encourage joyful cooking
- Knowledgeable cultural & nutrition discussion about we’re eating
What to Expect:
- Class size is limited to 12 people
- You will be working together with other students in a friendly, hands-on environment led by our professional farm educators
- You will be standing for most of the class. Please wear comfortable, closed toe shoes, minimal jewelry, & have long hair tied back.
- You will receive a kitchen apron, which is yours to keep, & a copy of all recipes at the end of class
Our limited number of cooking classes is snuggled in between our busy farm harvest seasons. Each class is unique and especially developed for its scheduled day so we can highlight the regional, farm food ingredients of the season. Our classes are taught using a combination of cooking demonstration by our expert chef, Sherry Swanson, and hands-on preparation by the class participants. Jean Jones, Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist, discusses the cultural and nutritional aspects of the foods we are studying. Farm educator, Emily Freund, organizes the class presentations and offers sound cooking advice while we cook together. We conclude each class by dining at our ample farm table, enjoying a specially selected glass of Jones wine. Students leave with copies of our simple, flavorful recipes and other relevant information.
This class is full, registration is closed.
Once you have successfully registered online, you will receive an email confirmation from Jones Family Farms. Please remember to hit the Submit Order button.
If you wish to use a Gift Certificate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, gift certificate number and the class you are interested in attending. A member of our Kitchen Team will be in touch to complete your registration.
Other registration options include registering in person using cash, check or charge at the Jones Winery Tasting Room, open seasonally (please check our Winery page for hours).
Be good to the land and the land will be good to you.
Philip James JONES, FARM FOUNDER, 1821-1912