May-December Full-Time Work Opportunity
- To offer a hands-on work opportunity to learn about guest services, hospitality, and sustainable agriculture. Learn how to effectively communicate messages and educate farm guests about agricultural practices and harvest realities on a modern farm.
- Harvest supervisor of guests in our strawberry, blueberry, pumpkin and tree fields
- Assist with all aspects of Harvest-Your-Own operations: including daily setup and cleanup tasks, cashiering, providing customer service, and assisting with parking
- Agricultural duties, such as weeding and harvesting
- Farm greeter and educator
- Other farm maintenance tasks, such as: cleaning, painting, light carpentry, produce box folding, and farm kitchen projects (post-harvest handling, fruit preservation & preparing seasonal treats)
- Applicants should be self-motivated, reliable, responsible, and have strong communication skills
- Good physical health: comfortable standing for 8 hours, able to lift 50 pounds, and to perform demanding work at a fast farm pace
- Able to work in all weather conditions; including extreme heat and cold, sun and rain
- Being a team player, having a positive attitude and sense of humor is critical. We are looking for someone who works well independently as well as with teams, and able to learn quickly while supporting Jones farming methods.
- Sincere interest in learning about sustainable agriculture. We are committed to teaching and learning through doing and want our staff to be equally onboard.
Full-time commitment during primary harvest seasons:
- Strawberry Season (June): 6-day work weeks, with Sunday afternoon and 1 weekday off
- Blueberry Season (July-early August): 5-day work week, with Sunday afternoon and 2 weekdays off
- Pumpkin Season (late September-October): 5-day work week, including both weekend days
- Christmas Tree Season (late November-December): 5-day work week, including both weekend days
Transition to Monday-Friday schedule during transition between seasons.
Work hours vary based on weather and harvest realities. Workdays can start as early as 7:30am, and can finish as late as 7:30pm; typical shift is 7-8 hours.
Opportunities to extend work into 2023, for the right candidate.
- Strawberry Season and Farm orientation before start of harvest season
- Blueberry Season and Summer Agricultural Work training in July
- On-the-job instruction on agricultural techniques and direct marketing/customer service
- Pay is at an hourly rate and payroll is on a bi-weekly basis
- Compensation relates to amount of work and dedication to the successful completion of farm work
- Housing/Transportation is not provided
Our 2022 application period has ended for our Full-Time May-December Work Opportunity.
For Seasonal Part-Time positions:
applications available at the following link, HERE
or in-person at our Farm Office: 606 Walnut Tree Hill Road in Shelton
Thank you for your interest in working at Jones Family Farms.