Here are some tips and reminders on how to have a great visit at our farm during Pumpkin season.
- During Pumpkin season, which begins Sept, 28, 2019, the farm is open daily, enter from 10 am to 5:30 pm at our Pumpkinseed Hill Farm, located at 120 Beardsley Road, Shelton.
- Enjoy our Hayride through our beautiful vineyards and farm fields. In 2019, the hayride is $6 per person, children 2 and under are free. On weekdays, the hayrides leave every half hour on the hour, and the last one usually departs at 5 pm. On weekends, the hayrides are throughout the day (weather permitting, call Farmer Jones for daily updates).
- Travel through our family-friendly Corn Maze for $4 per person, children 2 and under are free. The Corn Maze is open weekends 10 am to 5:30 pm and on weekdays from 3 to 5:30 pm (weather permitting, call Farmer Jones for daily updates).
- On weekends, we recommend you bring a wagon or stroller for your harvest and/or young children. We have limited amounts of pumpkin carts and they are not safe for transporting children.
- We offer fresh Pumpkin Cranberry Cookies, delicious apple cider and apples for purchase. Have a snack or meal before you head to the farm; please note that there is no picnicking or tailgating at the farm. Thanks for your cooperation!
- We remind our visitors and friends that harvesting farm products can be a physically demanding activity. Please come suitably attired, especially with appropriate footgear that has good support, coverage, and treads (boots, sneakers, closed toe, low heel shoes) as well as a jacket, since Pumpkinseed Hill can get quite windy at times.
- Please remember to leave your pet at home during pumpkin season. We follow the federal Good Agricultural Practices, and since pumpkins and squashes are food crops, pets are not allowed in the farmyard. Thank you for your cooperation.