This unique cookie pairs well with our estate grown Cabernet Franc.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons softened butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Combine the brown sugar and rosemary in the bowl of a stand mixer and rub together with your fingers.
- Add the butter, maple syrup, vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add the egg and mix again.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cayenne in a bowl.
- With the mixer running, slowly add the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Turn the mixer off and fold in the chopped chocolate with a spatula until combined.
- Preheat oven to 375° (commercial convection oven at 325°)
- Use small ice cream scoop to form 1” balls of dough. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes until the edges are just starting to turn golden. The cookies will appear undercooked but will firm up once out of the oven.
- Let them cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.