These cookies are a convenient adaptation of a summer treat that you can take on the go!
2 cups fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
½ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon coarse salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, frozen & grated
¾ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 375º F. Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 7 tablespoons of sugar in a large bowl.
3. Remove butter from freezer and grate, using a cheese grater. Lightly toss the grated butter into the flour mixture.
4. Stir in cream until dough starts to come together, then stir in the lemon zest and strawberries (strained from their juice).
5. Using a 1 ½ inch ice-cream scoop (or 1oz. scoop), drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing them evenly apart. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Transfer to cooling racks. Cookies are best served immediately, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 day
Recipe by Martha Stewart