Summertime and the livin’ is easy - except if you are a farmer! Come learn how we enjoy the fruits of our labor during our busy growing season. Our summer cooking classes focus on what’s ready to harvest from the fields and the preparation of quick, easy and healthy meals.
Each summer class begins with a “Harvest Tour” of our Kitchen Garden. Then we go to our Kitchen Classroom and help our farm chef prep the veggies and fruit for our supper and we assemble the meal. When possible, we’ll enjoy using our outdoor oven for doing some of our cooking. The evening culminates in a relaxed sit-down supper of what we’ve prepared accompanied by a glass of a specially- selected Jones wine and a fruit dessert prepared by our kitchen team. Eating together is our favorite way to honor and celebrate our farmers and our time on the farm.
What Will I Learn?
- Hands on veggie harvest & preparation
- Knife handling & cutting methods
- Tips on finding ingredients in season & suggestions for preserving the farm’s bounty
- How to maximize flavor in your cooking & inspiration to encourage joyful cooking
- Knowledgeable cultural & nutrition discussion about we’re eating
What to Expect:
- Class size is limited to 12 people
- You will be working together with other students in a friendly, hands-on environment led by our professional farm educators
- You will be standing for most of the class. Please wear comfortable, closed toe shoes, minimal jewelry, & have long hair tied back.
- You will receive a kitchen apron, which is yours to keep, & a copy of all recipes at the end of class