Pumpkin and Fall Harvest 2021 ~ A Crop to Celebrate
We are so grateful to have a beautiful and abundant pumpkin crop, especially when the growing conditions have been very difficult this year throughout our country. We are looking forward to sharing our farm with you and your family!
RESERVATIONS SAVE YOU TIME AND MONEY
Our farm's online reservation system ensures we can offer a enjoyable experience for all by controlling the number of guests on the farm, thereby reducing the size of crowds, lines, and waiting times. When you make a reservation online before your visit, half of your entry fee can be put towards reducing the prices of our beautiful, large carving pumpkins (more details below on how the credit works). Also by making your online reservation before you visit, you can be assured you will not travel to the farm and find we are at capacity.
Reservations are now more flexible! If your plans change, you can change your weekend reservation time and date up to 2 hours in advance. Plus weekday reservations can be redeemed once on any weekday; you do not have change the weekday reservations if your plans change.
ENJOY THE FULL PUMPKIN EXPERIENCE! INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRY FEE:
As always, our farmers have worked hard to grow an amazing selection of pumpkins, squashes and gourds for you to harvest this fall season. The farm team has also created wonderful farm PUMPKIN HARVEST EXPERIENCES for your family to enjoy:
- "WILD & WONDERFUL" - We are celebrating and highlighting this year the amazing wildlife creatures that depend on our farm's natural habitats. Our walks and displays feature fun ways for families to learn about our local wildlife.
- CORN MAZE AND PUMPKIN PATH - Our mini-corn maze is open to everyone who visits the farmyard. As you travel through the maze, learn about birds and their migration journeys. In addition to the corn maze, we have several winding paths through our tall cover crops that are fun and scenic. The maze and the cover crops paths are great ways to get immersed in the farm's natural beauty!
- THE FARM RANGER HIKE - For the hearty and curious, we have created a new walk for 2021 where one can ramble along a Jones Farm trail and see the Jones vineyards and Christmas tree plantations. We have created a series of life-size silhouettes of farm woodland creatures for you and your family to find along your journey. This 0.5 mile hike will require participants to be able to walk up and down inclines. There are also beautiful vistas rarely seen by our farm visitors.
- FUN AND BEAUTIFUL PHOTO OPS - While the natural beauty of the farm makes a great backdrop, we have many fun things for you to pose with, from scarecrows to wooden sunflowers, from our "Queen Bee Chair" to our vintage farm truck. Please note, there is no professional photography sessions permitted, and please do not climb onto any farm equipment or displays.
- EDUCATIONAL DISPLAYS – Centrally located in our Farmyard is a focus on the birds that live in our farm's natural habitats. Your children can stand next to a life-size bird house, climb into a eagle's nest, or see how their "wingspan" compares to that of different birds.
- THE DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS SQUASH TENT - Learn about the fascinating world of squash. Our farmers are more than eager to discuss squash cooking techniques as well as provide you with our favorite recipes.
- HARVEST-YOUR-OWN PUMPKINS! –Big, Little, Pretty, Unusual, Orange, White or Green – whatever you like, we have it! Come to gather your favorites – in our pumpkin fields or in our big Farmyard – to welcome autumn to your home. We price our pumpkins by their size. Please note, as we get closer to Halloween, the farmers harvest the pumpkins from the fields and bring them into the Farmyard in order to plant the winter cover crops in the fields.
- EXPLORE THE FARM – We have opened acres and acres of the farm to you to experience the beauty of the New England fall landscape. While there is much of the farm to explore, please stay in designated areas.
- FARM HAYRIDE (separate ticket purchase) – Our hayrides travel through our farm, amongst all our different crops with the beautiful hillsides as the backdrop. As in previous years, hayrides are additional $6 per person; children 2 and under are free.
PUMPKIN ENTRY FEES AND DISCOUNTS:
To enjoy all the items listed above, guests pay a per person entry fee to enjoy the Pumpkin Experience. This fee includes all trails, such as the Farm Ranger Hike, and experiences, such as the Corn Maze and the visit to the pumpkin patch. Pumpkins, squash, fall décor, farm snacks, and hayrides are available for additional purchase.
NEW THIS YEAR, only with reservations online, half of your entry fee can be credited back towards carving pumpkins. See important details below.
Throughout the season, children 2 and under are free.
- PREVIEW WEEKEND SEPT 18 and 19:
- $5 per person with reservations, and with each entry, you will receive $5 back towards 1 pumpkin that is $10 or more. You can receive your entire entry fee back on the Preview Weekend towards carving pumpkins.
- Example: Family of 4 enters for $5 each; they can receive $5 off of 4 pumpkins that are $10 or more
- Walk-Ins without Reservations: $5 per person
- WEEKENDS SEPT 25 THROUGH OCT 31 AND COLUMBUS DAY:
- $10 per person with reservations, and with each entry, you will receive $5 back towards 1 pumpkin that is $10 or more. By making your reservation ahead, you can apply up to half of your entry fee towards carving pumpkins.
- Example: Family of 4 enters for $10 each; they can receive $5 off of 4 different pumpkins that are $10 or more
- Walk-Ins without Reservations: $10 per person
- WEEKDAYS SEPT 25 THROUGH OCT 31 AND COLUMBUS DAY:
- $5 per person with reservations, and with every 2 entries, you will receive $5 back towards 1 pumpkin that is $10 or more. By making your reservation ahead, you can apply up to half of your entry fee towards carving pumpkins.
- Example: Family of 4 enters for $5 each; they can receive $5 off of 2 different pumpkins that are $10 or more
- Walk-Ins without Reservations: $5 per person
"GRAB AND GO TENT" - THE PUMPKIN QUICK PURCHASE AREA
For guests who wish only to purchase pumpkins, squash, and fall décor, and not visit the full Farmyard, we have created a special sectioned-off space near the Entry and Checkout Barn. No entry fee is needed - it is intended for quick, convenient purchasing for the most popular of the fall décor. Please note, visitors to this area will not have access to the pumpkin fields or farmyard, cannot take fall farm photography in our fields or tent, nor explore the Pumpkin Experience. We hope to keep the Grab and Go Tent area open during all farm hours. We will update this section and our Crop Report if this changes during the season.
We will continue this year to not allow food to be eaten within the farmyard. This keeps the farmyard clean, and thereby does not attract any unwanted critters amongst the pumpkins and squashes. Each day, as supplies last, we will have our farm-made pumpkin cranberry cookies, as well as apples, and apple cider. On the weekends, we have farm-made apple cider breads, as supplies last. Adjacent to the farmyard, we will provide this year a small eating area for guests eating farm snacks only. We will have some benches, and you can bring a blanket for your brief snack break. Please note, we do not permit outside food, beverages or picnics.
CARTS AND WAGONS
We strongly encourage guests to bring wagons from home for harvesting pumpkins. The farm has some carts for this purpose. Our farm carts should not be used for transporting children. Each family must checkout with their own items in one cart; items from different groups cannot be combined into one cart.
Weather permitting, our Preview Weekend is Sept 18 and 19, from 12 noon to 5:30 pm. We will open daily from September 25 through October 31: 10 am to 5:30 pm on weekdays and 9 am to 5:30 pm on weekends; hours may vary with the weather. We always recommend calling the Crop Report the day of your visit for the latest information at 203-929-8425. PLEASE NOTE: You should arrive by 4:30-4:45 to enjoy the farm before it closes at 5:30. Weather permitting, the farm will close parking areas promptly at 5:45 pm.
GATHERINGS AT THE FARM
We love families and gatherings coming to our farm; however, the farm harvest, hayrides, and the Pumpkin Experience are the activities that we share at our location. For various reasons, we do not have private events, parties or company outings here. Please include Jones Family Farms as an fun outdoor activity but not for the meal, cake, etc. part of the celebration. We encourage you to utilize local parks for the party itself.
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
- BE HEALTHY: Please stay home if you are not feeling well or are waiting for COVID19 test results.
- MASKS: Since we are in an outdoors environment, at this time, masks are optional for guests and staff. We ask you to respect each other's space at all times, and be respectful of people's choices to wear masks. Our mask policy will continue to be evaluated as the season progresses.
- WALKING PATHS: We have extended the permitted areas guests can walk about on the farm to experience the beauty of our farm. Please wear sturdy shoes when you come to visit. Our farm educators have developed educational stations to enrich your farm walks. Guests must stay only in the designated areas during their visit.
- PETS: Sorry, no pets are allowed at the farm during our pumpkin season or at the winery. Please leave pets at home. Animal control will be called when pets are left alone in vehicles. Working service animals are welcome. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), “a service animal is defined as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability.” Also, under the ADA, “emotional support animals, comfort animals, and therapy dogs are not service animals under Title II and Title III of the ADA.”
WEATHER AND CANCELLATION POLICY
If you make an online reservation, on your own you can change your reservation to another time or date if you do it two hours before your visit.
If we close the farm for severe weather such as thunderstorms, we will offer you a refund or credit. We remain open in light rain.
If you cannot pick due to illness and are not ready to schedule your next visit, contact at email@example.com and we will send you a refund or a credit certificate for you to reschedule your visit.
No refunds for those who do not show for their reservations, since it is likely we had to turn other guests away for that time slot.