Celebrating 75 Years!
For 75 years, the Jones family has been welcoming families to our farm to harvest Christmas trees. The Christmas tree hunt at our farm is a beloved family tradition for many.
We are working hard once again to assure that everyone who visits us during this Christmas season has a joyful and safe time. We have an exceptional selection of trees, both for cut-your-own in our fields or fresh cut for you in our Barnyard Village.
Overview of Our Beautiful Farm
At our 500-acre farm, we have 200 acres of Christmas trees.
- Barnyard Village: Home of our wide selection of fresh, pre-cut trees. Also the location of the Wreath Barn, Winery Barn, Holiday Gatherings Gift Pantry, as well as the cookie and cider sales. On weekdays, guests park at the farm for precut as well as harvest your own trees. 606 Walnut Tree Hill Road, Shelton.
- Candy Cane Hill: Large selection of harvest your own trees. Reservations are needed to park at Candy Cane Hill on the weekends, but it is accessible on weekdays to those parking in the Barnyard Village. 606 Walnut Tree Hill Road, Shelton.
Reservations on Weekends through Dec 11
- Reservations are needed only the weekend through December 11th; not on weekdays or the weekend of December 17th and 18th
Hours of Operations
- Starting November 19, we are open daily from 9am - 5:30pm; closed on Thanksgiving Day.
- Thanksgiving Weekend & the first weekend of December, the harvest your own fields open at 8 am with reservations; the remainder of the farm opens at 9 am.
- Guests planning to harvest their own tree must arrive by 4pm. *Sorry, no exceptions! Please allow additional time for traffic.*
- Our Harvest-Your-Own fields are well stocked with beautiful trees up to 8 feet. While taller trees are available, the supply is limited, and guests should come prepared to walk further to find them. Please note, on weekdays, Harvest-Your-Own Trees will cost $92 plus tax.
- On weekend days, Harvest-Your-Own Trees will cost $97 plus tax with an online reservation. For those without reservations on the Peak days, the cost is $10 more per tree.
- In addition to a beautiful, fresh tree, guests who harvest their own will receive a farm-designed and locally-made pewter ornament!
- We have a nice selection of freshly-cut trees under 4 feet tall in our Barnyard, with prices ranging $20 - $45.
- For guests interested in a smaller tree but still hoping to cut their own, there is a dedicated field adjacent to the Barnyard for Harvest-Your-Own Elf Trees from $40 - $55.
- If you wish to get only an elf tree on a weekend, make a reservation for the Barnyard Village. If you are getting a harvest our own tree already, you do not need to make an additional Barnyard Village reservation to visit the yard to purchase an elf tree, wreath, or garland.
Farm Fresh-Cut Trees
- Our pre-cut trees are grown and freshly harvested at our adjacent farm to bring guests a great selection every day of the week. A tree grows a foot a year, so many of the larger trees we have been caring for, fertilizing, and hand pruning for over a decade! Our tree prices range according to their height and variety.
- 5-6 foot trees are $59, plus tax. This is the same as last year's price.
- 6-8 foot Balsam, Douglas, Spruce and Pine are $95 plus tax.
- 8-10 foot Balsam, Douglas and Spruce are $149 plus tax.
- 10+ foot Balsam and Douglas are $175-$350+ depending on size and fullness. Please note, we have a limited supply of trees above 10 feet at this point in the season.
- Frasers have a special pricing since they grow slower and take longer to reach size and fullness. Please note, we have a limited supply of fresh cut Frasers at this point in the season.
- 6-7 foot Fraser are $95 plus tax.
- 7-9 foot Frasers are $149 plus tax.
- 9-10 foot Frasers are individually tagged starting $200 or more depending on size and fullness.
- Since the Barnyard has a range of products & prices, we ask guests to make a reservation deposit of $30 to visit the Barnyard on our weekends. This deposit can be put towards a fresh-cut tree, potted trees, and wreaths & garland! Please note - on Peak Weekends, guests looking to harvest a tree must park at Candy Cane Hill or the Valley (when open); only Harvest-Your-Own Elf Trees will be available through the Barnyard.
Additional Information –
- Our Holiday Gatherings Gift Shop and Winery continues to offer unique farm and winery gifts in our historic Winery Barn.
- Our beloved farm-made Christmas cookies are available in the Holiday Courtyard Market adjacent to the Winery Barn. We offer 4-packs of our trail mix cookies, as well as cold and hot cider. Limited benches available nearby for farm snacks. A small bonfire is located in the area for guests to stand near to warm themselves.
- The full line of Jones wines are available in the Winery Barn, plus in the Barnyard on Thanksgiving weekend and the first weekend in December.
- We offer complimentary tastes from a selection of our most popular wines on the weekends. On the weekdays from 12 noon to 5 pm, we plan to offer full tastings. If full tastings are not available on a weekday afternoon, a few complimentary tastes of select wines will be available. Please note, there is no indoor seating or glass of wine service during tree season.
- Dogs are welcome in the tree fields while you get your harvest your own tree, as long as they are on a leash at all times. Dogs are not recommended in our Barnyard Village when getting a Pre-Cut Tree since there are less areas for dogs to walk. Also, please note pets cannot enter all the areas, such as the Wreath Barn, Winery Barn, or any indoor spaces.
Tree Season Map –
- Below is our 2022 Tree Season. Please note, this is an artistic rendering of the farm to provide you a overview of the main farm locations and general location of our tree varieties.
- The numbers on the map refer to large Candy Candy Canes on the main road. These can provide a useful landmark to you as you head out on your tree adventure.
- Talk to a farm greeter when you arrive. Each year there are certain fields that are more abundant with certain types of trees, and the greeter will know this information