Harvest Kitchen Production Assistant Supervisor
The Production Assistant Supervisor will help lead a small team to prepare baked goods, such as cookies, scones, and quick breads, as well as light fare to be served at our Winery, such as cheese and charcuterie plates. The position could also include front-of-the-house hospitality service, assisting with the sale and service of farm snacks to guests.
- Lead kitchen team by example, as a role model of organization, cleanliness, good communication, and personal accountability to promote a safe and productive work atmosphere.
- Maintain production records and inventories. Work in partnership with Harvest Kitchen Manager to set and reach production goals.
- Follow farm recipes and established procedures to produce quality farm treats.
- Oversee organization and preservation of harvested farm produce, ensuring proper handling, storage, and record-keeping.
- Assist in leading food safety and production kitchen trainings for seasonal team members.
- Oversee proper labeling of kitchen products.
- Set-up, clean-up, and in-person assistance with hosting special farm events and meetings.
- Guest services, with special focus on tasks related to the service and sale of kitchen products.
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, bend, stretch, climb stairs, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrated past leadership experience.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members.
- Eagerness to learn and improve personal skillset and assist others in the same effort.
- Positive attitude and customer service mindset.
- Flexibility to assist with special projects as requested.
Hours and Compensation:
- Schedules and tasks change seasonally. Flexible start date, between April and May. Looking for someone to make a full-time commitment through December, with opportunity to extend into 2024 for the right candidate.
- Must have weekend availability; with an emphasis during our busy farm seasons of Strawberries (June), Blueberries (July-August), Pumpkins (September-October), and Christmas Trees (November-December).
- Job responsibilities and projects will be evaluated throughout the year and adapted to match the needs and skills of the employee with the goals and needs of the winery and farm.
- Pay is at an hourly rate and payroll is on a bi-weekly basis
- Compensation will be determined based upon availability and skill level.
- Housing/Transportation is not provided
Click HERE to complete our 2023 Application
Thank you for your interest in working at Jones Family Farms.