Here are some tips and reminders on how to have a great visit at our farm during Pumpkin season.
- During Pumpkin season, the farm is open from 10 am to 5:30 pm daily. Hayrides are every day (weather permitting, call Farmer Jones for daily updates). Corn Maze is only open during the weekend (weather permitting). Our Pumpkinseed Hill Farm is located at 120 Beardsley Road, Shelton.
- On weekends, we recommend you bring a wagon or stroller for your harvest and/or young children. We have limited amounts of pumpkin carts and they are not safe for transporting children.
- On the weekends in October we offer fresh Pumpkin Cranberry Cookies and delicious apple cider for purchase. Have a snack or meal before you head to the farm; please note that there is no picnicking or tailgating at the farm. Thanks for your cooperation!
- We remind our visitors and friends that harvesting farm products can be a physically demanding activity. Please come suitably attired, especially with appropriate footgear that has good support, coverage, and treads (boots, sneakers, closed toe, low heel shoes) as well as a jacket, since Pumpkinseed Hill can get quite windy at times.
- Please remember to leave your pet at home during pumpkin season. We follow the federal Good Agricultural Practices, and since pumpkins and squashes are food crops, pets are not allowed in the farmyard. Thank you for your cooperation.