Farm, Winery, and Kitchen Part-Time Seasonal Opportunity
Offer hands-on opportunities to work on a modern, hospitality-oriented, family farm.
Positions available for a range of skill sets and ages, 16 and up.
Please note, primary tasks will vary with each season and matched with skill-set/experience of applicant.
Farm Guest Services
- Parking lot: assisting guests to parking spots to keep traffic flowing, ensuring safety
- Greeting: welcoming farm guests with a smile, answering questions/customer service
- Cleaning: grounds, trash collection, port-o-john, buildings, vehicles etc
- Yard Assistant: stocking displays, customer service
- Stocking displays, assisting with wine and gift shop sales
- Pouring and serving wine and light farm fare
- Providing educational tastings to Tasting Room guests
- Daily shop and service setup, cleaning
- Post-Harvest Produce Handling and Food Preparation
- Baking seasonal treats for Farm guests (June & September-December)
- Assisting with food sales (June & September-December weekends)
Agricultural & Farm Maintenance
- Crop Care/Maintenance: planting, weeding, pruning, harvesting, mowing
- Handyman Oriented Tasks: painting, woodwork, building maintenance/cleaning etc
- Cleaning: fields, retail locations, barnyards, buildings etc
- Team player, positive attitude, outgoing personality
- Strong communication skills
- Good physical health: comfortable standing for 8 hours, able to lift 50 lbs, and to perform demanding work at a fast farm pace
- Able to work in all weather conditions (including extreme heat and rain)
- Supportive of agriculture, conservation, and eating/drinking locally
- While some weekday opportunities exist, some weekend availability is required.
- Amount of work varies with season, weather, and crop.
- Pay is at an hourly rate and payroll is on a bi-weekly basis
- Compensation relates to amount of work and dedication to the successful completion of season tasks
- Successful returning staff will have experienced job status and can be compensated as such
- Housing/Transportation is not provided
Part-Time Seasonal Farm, Winery & Kitchen Application available HERE
Applications also available in-person at our Farm Office: 606 Walnut Tree Hill Road in Shelton
Thank you for your interest in working at Jones Family Farms.