Tasting Room Information
As we enter into farm's Christmas tree season, please note this season's special holiday hours.
From Saturday, November 19 through Friday, December 23:
- WINE SALES: The winery is open daily from 9 am to 5:30 for wine sales (wine sales start 10 am on Sundays).
- WINE TASTINGS: Full wine tastings will be offered on weekday afternoons from 12 pm to 5 pm. On weekends, the winery will offer a complimentary tasting a few selected wines. Winery staff is on hand to discuss our wines to help you make your selections.
- HOLIDAY GIFT SHOP: Our Tasting Room is transformed into a beautiful holiday gift shop, filled with trees, ornaments, and holiday gifts. We do not offer wine by the glass services during this season.
Special Holiday Hours
Starting November 19th, the farm and winery are open daily; see hours listed above. Some special hours are noted below:
- Thanksgiving: the farm and winery are closed. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Day after Thanksgiving: a fun day to get your Christmas tree and visit the winery for gifts and wine purchases. Since it is busy, we do not offer full wine tastings this day as well as other weekend days.
- Christmas Eve: the farm and winery close at 4 pm.
- Christmas Day: the farm and winery are closed. Merry Christmas!
- Christmas Week: From Dec 26 through Dec 30, the winery is open from 11 am to 5 pm. On New Year's Eve, the hours are 11 am to 3 pm.
- New Year: The farm and winery are closed New Eve's through February. The winery reopens in March.
Tasting Room Reminders
The cost of our full wine tasting (on weekday afternoons) is $10 including tax for six tastes of wine and includes a 2016 Jones Winery logo wine glass. Please remember to bring your photo ID to the Tasting Room (everyone under 30 will be carded).
Our Food Offerings
During Christmas tree season, our Harvest Kitchen bakes our famous farm-make cookies and offers warm and cold apple cider. These are true treats of the season! The Tasting Room often has other special little seasonal snacks to enjoy before or after getting your Christmas tree.
Our Tasting Room Mission: Educate and Celebrate!
In a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere, we help guests discover how to taste wines and to appreciate Connecticut wines. Our talented staff leads guests through a guided tasting so they can explore for themselves what they like best about wine. The focus of our wine tastings and our tasting room experience is education.
For more information about bring large groups to the Tasting Room, please visit our Group Tastings section. Please note, at this time we do not rent or use the facilities for private events.
Directions to the Tasting Room
The Tasting Room is located at 606 Walnut Tree Hill Road, Shelton, CT, at our Homestead Farm. For complete directions, please see our Homestead Farm driving directions. Once you arrive at the farm and park in the main parking lot, signs and wine barrels will direct you through the farmyard to red historic barn where the Tasting Room is located.