Please note our hours and offerings change during the rest of the year.
- Today through December 23, 9 am to 5:30 pm: Please note the following:
- TASTINGS WEEKDAY AFTERNOONS: We offer full wine tastings during this time only on weekdays, from 12 pm to 5 pm. Pick out your tree and stop by the Winery, or visit us after your day of Christmas shopping. Our beautiful, relaxing atmosphere will put you in the holiday mood.
- COMPLIMENTARY SAMPLE TASTINGS WEEKENDS: We offer complimentary tastings of four select wines at the Tasting Bar. This can help you choose wine for your holiday gifts and meals. Plus on Sat and Sun Dec 16 and 17, there will be two specialty tastings available: our port-style wine plus a farm-made truffle or our bubbly white wine cocktail with delightful bite of a paired food. Please note, for the full wine tasting experience, please visit weekday afternoons (see note above).
- SELECT WINE BY THE GLASS AND FOOD OFFERINGS: Due to the Christmas festivities in the shop, on weekends we will not offer any wine by the glass services. Our Christmas Canteen will have coffee, cider and farm trail mix cookies. On weekday afternoons, guests are be able to purchase one glass of wine to enjoy at the Tasting Bar or at our outdoor bonfire, but please note there are no indoor tables or cheese menurs during this season.
- WINE BOTTLE SALES are Monday - Saturday, 9 am to 5:30 pm and Sunday, 10 am to 5:30 pm.
- December 24, 9 am to 4 pm: Complimentary tastings of select wines. Wine sales begin at 10 am. Last tasting begins at 3:30 pm.
- December 26 through Dec 30, 11 am to 5:30 PM: Full tastings and wine by the glass offerings. Last tasting begins at 5:10 pm.
- December 31, 11 am to 3 pm: Full tastings and wine by the glass offerings. Last tasting begins at 2:40 pm.
Full Wine Tastings
The cost of our full wine tasting for a taste of six wines is $11.25 plus tax and includes a Jones Winery logo wine glass. Please remember to bring your photo ID to the Tasting Room (everyone under 30 will be carded).
Our Other Offerings
During our festive Christmas tree season at the farm, the winery tasting room is decked with Christmas trees, ornaments, and one-of-a-kind gifts. The farm has been inviting guests to harvest their own Christmas trees for 70 years ~ the harvesting of the Christmas trees is a wonderful focal point of the farm and winery's activities.
Our Tasting Room Mission: Educate and Celebrate!
In a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere, we help guests discover how to taste wines and to appreciate Connecticut wines. Our talented staff leads guests through a guided tasting so they can explore for themselves what they like best about wine. The focus of our wine tastings and our tasting room experience is education.
Directions to the Tasting Room
The Tasting Room is located at 606 Walnut Tree Hill Road, Shelton, CT, at our Homestead Farm. For complete directions, please see our Homestead Farm driving directions. Once you arrive at the farm and park in the main parking lot, signs and wine barrels will direct you through the farmyard to red historic barn where the Tasting Room is located.